Sunday, August 17, 2014

Daddy's New Schedule!

There's lots of change happening around here!  Daddy B got the call 2 weeks ago that he will be starting 2nd shift (3 to 11 ish ?) tomorrow.

Back in February, I just had this GUT feeling that God was asking me to homeschool starting this fall but I didn't have a clear WHY.  I wrote a whole list of reasons it would make sense but more than anything, I felt God asking me to just TRUST and OBEY without fully understanding.   We knew what He was asking us - so of course we would obey.  He had given us so much FAITH in HIM this year - it wasn't as difficult a step out of the boat as I imagined.    Only after we said "YES God"  did He start to really show us WHY He was having us do this.   There are so many reasons I see now, WHY this will work for us - but this latest schedule change for Brandon is certainly one of the big WHYs!!

We would have been devastated if Brandon got called to 2nd shift and Raymond was set to go to school full time.  If Raymond was in school all day & Brandon was in school all afternoon/evening,  they would only see each other on weekends and that just doesn't work for my boy.  He needs his Daddy time in this majority-girl-house.

Looking back, I am SO THANKFUL that God gave me the courage & faith to obey Him without fully understanding!!!   HE KNOWS US SO WELL!! He is the perfect Father!!  He knew that I would want TIME to prepare & research & pray & plan.   I'm so thankful the decision to homeschool wasn't a spur of the moment thing 3 weeks before school started when Daddy got moved to 2nd shift.   It would have felt rushed & rash & I would have doubted & wrestled so much.  God is so good to make this such a beautiful transition. I am so thankful I talk to Him every day and listen for His calls & nudges.

Life is gonna be so different for us now.....but this really is a huge blessing for as long as it lasts.  I had a big list of things I've been praying for God to work out for homeschooling.   Logistics like:
  • Raymond easily going to a friend's houses each week so the girls and I could continue BSF together on Wednesday mornings
  • That I would figure out how to keep Annabelle occupied & engaged so I could zoom in on Raymond & Evelyn (who WILL sit and listen to me and work at a desk with me) 
  • That I would still get 1 on 1 time with each child --- quality FUN 1 on 1 time each day 
So WOW - I didn't have to worry at all!! :)   God was trying to tell me that all along!   Brandon being home in the mornings answers each of these prayers.  

God knows us so well! He is so merciful & gracious.  He is the perfect planner & perfect Father.

I am so thankful He prepared us this year to have faith in HIM and not ourselves (which gave us the courage, peace & trust to obey)  
I am so thankful we were so close to Him so we knew His voice when He called us to homeschool.
I am so thankful He helped us obey Him!  
I am so thankful for the gift of FAITH and TRUST.

We will accept this schedule for as long as God sees fit and when it's time for Brandon to finish his MBA & switch careers and get back to a "normal" schedule... we will trust God's timing for that, too!!

God helps us Trust & Obey!!



1 comment: