Sunday, December 14, 2014

Week #15 Recap

There's so many fun things to do & learn this time of year.  

The kiddos are enjoying the advent devotional & putting up the matching ornament each day.  



 I'm happy that RR is enjoying his k'nex and he has been doing a great job of keeping his room organized and putting things away!  I am super pumped about progress in that area!


Monday was just a TOTALLY awesome day!! Because it was Daddy's last day of class!  The last 2 weeks of each semester has been grueling for me every time.  It is miserable & I basically am always at the breaking point right when the break comes!  


Games are definitely our fave way to learn. RR is helping E with number recognition in Go Fish.  I sure do love seeing them play together. 


Not sure what inpsired RR to do a leaf display box or where he got the idea - but it came out cute. 


They've been enjoying adventuring in the backyard as usual.  I say it every day....thank you God for that backyard to give me even 15 minutes of quiet every day!! :)


The kids have been doing SO good this week at cleaning.  I don't know what inspires them - maybe just seeing Mommy getting run down - but I LOVE when they are on cleaning modes.  :)   And I don't try to correct what they are doing or re do it or anything - they are great cleaners and I'm so happy for the help.  Maybe it's the Christmas music being on that gets them moving! 


The sweetie Santa babies. 


More Frozen themed desk work! I found this free website of preschool printables and that is what we do the most of.  Lots of number / letter recognition, sequencing, cutting, gluing (wow that is a weird word - is that how it's spelled?)  and coloring. 





We love when Daddy can be with us!!!!!!!



I'm reading another book from my fave parenting authors Turansky/Miller and it's really helping me get back on track.  WOW how quickly I revert to just focusing on CONTROL and BEHAVIOR rather than focusing on the HEART and parenting firmly but gentle.  Gracious and calm. I am very thankful God sent this book into my life - perfect timing and I notice a real change in all of us because of the reminders. 



 I am so proud of Evelyn - she writes all the capital letters of the alphabet each day and does their sounds.  She really can "read" --- just needs the confidence and lots more practice!! 



They really have been working really hard and doing their desk work without issue each morning so Wednesday we got a special treat...just because!!  It was the "end of Daddy's school semester treat"!!!



 Moments like this will be some of our faves from this month of No Daddy school!! 


And we are so thankful for all the opportunities we have to get out and be social!  Raymond certainly is playing and getting FREE play & fun time more than ever it seems - so that's a great thing. 

This Jesus' birthday party was so great.  Snow ball fights (marshmallows) tree decorating (ice cream cone with candy), read the 3 trees story which we love, and other fun games.  Rochelle did such a great job & I loved the 3 trees and how she incorporated Jeremiah 29:11 into it all.  





We closed the week with parades, parties & fun on Saturday.  I am proud of the way Raymond can enjoy being around kids of ALL ages, any age.  At Keira's party, he was able to see some "old" school friends and they were all so happy to see him.  He got some good craft/arts time in so that was a plus, too!


Then we were on to Hannah's and he enjoyed 3 year old Elliot the most. (the only boy there so that makes sense) I love how he is smiling & happy for Hannah blowing out her candle. 


The girls are just plain sweet :)  I really do pray I can homeschool these sweeties a long time - what a gift to give them - the gift of being able to be with your best friends ALL the time. 


Each night during this season,  we seem to find ourselves snuggled under warm blankets watching Christmas movies.  Some moments I just can't believe my life.   I am so blessed. 

So very THANKFUL for the gift of TOGETHERNESS.  It's HARD and it's the BEST.  God is using all this togetherness for SUCH good.   






So why do I include all these non subject related lessons and things we are doing?  Because these really are the most important & impactful ones.  The lessons I hope they remember.  Being thankful for each other, the gift of togetherness, learning to love and be social with ALL different kinds of people.  

In actual "school work",  Raymond is doing so great!  He breezes so easily through math/english.  I am really proud of his work this week!  We are still enjoying Rush Revere & the pilgrims right now for history.  Daddy is gonna do some science the next 2 weeks - so I am happy for him to take that subject.  During "break" - I am going to plan out more science/history for Jan 5 and on.  I will be happy to get that on paper.  Science is his fave subject and I want to do more.  He learns a lot of "science" things in every day life, books, Nat Geo magazines, etc.  But I want to do more and plan it out more starting in January!  I just want to be more intentional about it and make it a more concrete part of our week somehow.  

It's ALL going good!  God consistently guides us and weaves so many cool lessons together.  It's really just a WONDER to watch it all work.  I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment