Friday, March 13, 2015

Week 26 Recap

I absolutely love the freedom I feel more and more as we walk through this 1st year of homeschooling.   I have seen God lead me and give me discernment when to rein the kids in and push through hard work.... when to tell them to forget the books today and get outside...... and my favorite - when to put aside the paper and come sit in my lap and get a hug and prayer. 

I am really not "with it" mentally still.  I am struggling in mind & body still :(  so that just proves to me so much more - I can depend on Jesus even when I can't depend on my body & my mind.  His Spirit can lead me despite my suffering. 

We are getting tastes of spring and we were SO excited to get outside!  The kiddos were outside before 8:30 one morning and were clearing leaves, finding "plants" and making their own little garden beds.  I love letting them explore and create while I get to sit back and just watch.   We have loved that Daddy is home and on spring break!  It has been so nice to have just "being" time together.  It has felt like a small vacation. 





I learned my lesson not to let Raymond do book work this far away from the house.  Not only did the books get too filthy but it was way too distracting to be away from me and "in the woods".   I wasn't asking him to do a lot - so I learned next time he does have to do school work on a pretty day - just to get him to do what he has to do at the picnic table or inside then he can be free :) 


Here's Raymond learning an important life skill:  filling out brackets :) 


It reached 80 this week!! WOOHOOOO and it was glorious :)  Couldn't believe we were the only ones at the park - everybody must have been at the beach. 



From Facebook: 
I have done so much wrong as a mom... And will continue too.... But I must say I feel success!!! because my kids love love love books ... So much so that I find myself reading EVERYwhere smile emoticon and I'm losing my voice from all the reading. at age 8 Raymond picks up on the symbolism and depth to c s Lewis more than I do at 31. Blows me away. Trust God!!! He uses the imperfect !!




No comments:

Post a Comment