Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week 22 Recap

To get us back re-focused on God as the Center of our home, school, family & everyday life - we went back and reviewed all of God's names we studied over the past few months!   I LOVE this book by Sally Michael and really enjoyed learning God's names from the Bible.  This has been the most fruitful devo or study I've done with the kids yet.   

Each week until we've gone through all the names,  each kiddo is going to pick their favorite name and put it on a "poster" and draw a picture that goes along with the name.  

Thank you God for answering the prayer to help me think of ways to get them engaged again and focused on you!  I LOVED this activity/idea and how the kids really connected it.  I barely helped them at all and they came up with their picture ideas entirely - it was too good!  

Evelyn chose Adonai - Lord/Master and she put crowns all over the poster. 


Annabelle chose El Roi - the God who sees me.   I really didn't think she was doing anything but drawing squares & crosses all over because that's just about all she can.  :)  But when we were all "presenting" our poster to each other... she said, "see - God's windows?  He sees us".  Oh my goodness, my heart. 

Thank you God.  All praise & glory to Him for how He is helping me connect the kiddos to Him! 


Raymond chose, "A Strong Tower" and when asked why he said, "because that is really how I picture God.  That's how He makes me feel.  Like He's a strong tower I can run to". 

Oh.my.heart.  I couldn't take much more. 



Here's all the names & meanings we have done this year.  Clearly --- I do not have teacher handwriting - booo.... BUT God uses imperfect, messy me!! :) 



The kids are also all learned the 10 commandments - proud of them :)

Click here to see the video:


It's been a difficult week for me personally with lots of symptoms I'm having :(  but we are pushing through. School, Soccer, Tae Kwon Do, dance.    Daddy is almost done with the hospital job and will start working from "home" March 2nd - we are so pumped!!!!!!!!!



Uncle Jim & Aunt Celeste are always a great resource for us always giving love or letting the kiddos explore & learn.  Here's Evelyn & Reese painting. 


Raymond learning some geometry or maybe it's physics :) Not sure which.  Mostly just having fun. 


and learning the all important skill of - burning stuff. 


I walked in to give the girls napkins and Reese was leading the girls in prayer before they ate.    Really, what a banner week for me :)  So many special Jesus moments. 


 It got warm and we got to have school outside!! Praise God! I really needed some sunshine! 


Annabelle is doing great on trying to learn the letters of her name!! 


Sweet little Evie Boo. 


and Rooskie - he's on a lime/lemon kick right now :)


The girls are learning numbers through Go Fish


And RR is learning some strategy with Mancala which some friends up the street gifted us! :)


I'm pretty much a mess as far as symptoms go.  I thank God for how He has loved on me through the kids this week.  Evelyn cleaned up the kitchen - wiped down, swept and everything all by herself one day and I was SO THANKFUL. 


God is center and it makes all the difference!!!  It's not perfect by any means but I have hope, motivation & peace -  because He is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment